Saturday, November 29, 2008

Catching Up

I can't believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I am proud to say that my shopping is done, my presents are wrapped, my Christmas tree is up, and my lights are hung....and for that I am thankful.

I am also Thankful for my family. My family means the world to me. This Thanksgiving I am especially thankful for my Grandpa Hansen. My grandpa just turned 80 years old this summer and last Monday he had to have surgery to correct 8 aortic aneurysms. My grandpa is such a great guy. He has always been there for me and loves all of us so much. Also, the way that my grandpa loves my grandma is amazing. I didn't know that two people could be so in love with each other. I am so grateful that the surgery went well and that Grandpa can be with us a lot longer.
Here are some pictures of Thanksgiving at the Larsen's (which was held today due to the birth of my new nephew Tyler Larsen who was born on the 25th...Congrats Kenny and Elisha)

Tyce and Grandpa wrestling on the floor

Tyce making his funny fish face at his daddy.....what a cute kid!!

Every year, after Thanksgiving dinner, we all (yes even the adults)make our own Christmas Stocking. They turn out really dumb, but it is fun for the kids to do. Kyle's mom actually hangs them all up too. I would just die if I had to hang 25 glitter glued stockings in my house....Glad they stay there!!

Me and Kade diligently working on our stockings (Kade is really into this can't you tell)

My cute little Tycee Wycee!!

This morning before dinner we put up our Christmas tree and yes...its fake!! I have NEVER had a fake tree, but this year I decided to give it a try. I decorated the tree with all of Kade's toy cows, horses, and tractors. I added my kids old cowboy boots, ropes, barb wire, and barn stars to make the cutest cowboy tree ever. I did miss going up on the mountain to cut a tree and the smell of a fresh cut tree, but I just put Christmas Tree scent in my candle warmer and then it was perfect.

Kade thought that it was pretty cool that we would put a tree up in our house. He also had fun helping his dad drill holes in the tops of the tractors.

Finally, I decided to add this picture of Tyce. The other day, we decided to go fishing again. This time, Tyce and I stayed in the truck because it was freezing outside. This is Tyce chilling (literally) in the truck waiting for dad to catch a few fish.

Tyce is getting so big. I can't believe that he will be turning 1 soon. He has started walking and I can't wait to get it on camera so that I can post it. He's my little sweetie pie!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope that you had a great holiday!

9 comments:

Farley's Story said...

I am impressed you already have your tree up and presents wrapped. Maybe you can give me a few hints on how to be so prepared. You boys are so cute. I can't believe Tyce is walking already. I'll bet he keeps you on your toes.

Brianne and Paul said...

Hello, superwomen. I can't believe you have all your presents bought and wrapped, let alone your tree up. I have the inside of my house decorated, but I think we are going to cut the tree down sometime this week and hopefully my husband will hang the lights too. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. I love the holidays!!!

AngiDe said...

Cute tree!!! i love the big star on top! We have yet to get ours.... soon though.
We had a great thanksgiving! Glad to hear yours was wonderful!

xoxo

Behling Family said...

I am so jealous, you are so prepared, and ready. I love your tree is is way cute. Im sure you can enjoy the holiday season even more knowing that all of your shopping is done. Wat to go!!!

Hayden and Kelly said...

Yea! I found your blog! I'm linking you up to mine! Girl, you are a go getter! Thinking about decorating and shopping for Christmas gives me anxiety. Geesh! I better get going! Hope all is well! I will be checking in on you often!

Mindy said...

Im glad you guys had a good thanksgiving! Those pictures are so cute! I cant believe Tyce is already walking!

The Cox Family said...

Love the cowboy themed tree! If Cam had a tree in his room, it would look
exactly the same. That is great you are already for Christmas. My shopping is pretty much done, I just need to wrap it all.
I also love Tyce's fish face. It is so adorable. That is awesome he is already walking. Good job Tyce. Can't wait for the video!

The Bunnell's said...

You are so creative, I love the tree and what a great way to recycle! I love Tyce's hat, he looks so cute in it with his little rosey nose! I am gald you had a good hoilday and am jealous that you are so prepared!

Anonymous said...

Okay can I seriously smootch Tyces little lips off in that pucker shot...Oh my heck he is so stinkin' sweet! Love your tree...it reminds me of mine! Great minds think a like...I am totally impressed that all of your pres are wrapped and bought and under the decorated tree! Way to go!