Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The BIG game

A few weeks ago the High School Volleyball team challenged the faculty to a volleyball game. Anyway, the game was set for Friday so we had a week to prepare. The entire week we went to practices at 7:00am so that we could beat those little punks (well at least give them a challenge, they ended up being State Champions). Little did I know how fun it would actually be. Practices were great....I don't think that I have ever laughed so hard. Yes, I had to leave my house at 6:15am for the entire week, but it was worth it.
Anyway, the game was hilarious. We all wore the same shirts and we had the coach announce our names as we ran through a sheet of paper. The entire school came to watch (K-12) and it was funny because all of the elementary students were cheering for us, and all of the JH/HS students were cheering for the team. The best part about the game was our cheerleader. Rena is our 50 year old attendance secretary who is SO great! She came dressed in a black skirt and had pom poms. She also had the letter P sewed all over her clothes. She went around cheering with a mega phone the whole time! It was great!!
We ended up losing to the varsity and winning the JV, put it was seriously the most fun I have had at school for a long time. "GO PANTHER FACULTY!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana...that is so funny! I can just see you laughing your head off. How fun!
P.S. I laughed my head off about the funny comment you left on my blog about the diapers...that was a crazy stage of my life!

Mindy said...

Oh I bet you had a blast! Good job beating jv!

Natasha said...

I am cracking up! I'm so glad you had such a good time - and that the whole faculty came together and actually practiced and everything. Very cool.

AngiDe said...

That sounds like such a fun time! I'm so jealous that you are teaching... what great job to be with the youth of today. Glad to hear that you had a great, and enthusiastic cheerleader. That is awesome!