Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Body Worlds 3


Oh my gosh...Today I took a bunch of my students up to SLC to see the Body Worlds Exhibit and can I just say.....AMAZING! If you haven't heard about it, you need to check it out http://theleonardo.org/bodyworlds. The exhibit shows actual human bodies who (after deceased of course) are put through a plastination process, preserved, and put in positions so that you can see exactly what your body looks like on the inside. I have dissected cadavers, and this exhibit taught me so much more. Anyway, I suggest that you all go and see the exhibit. It will be in SLC until Jan.11th and trust me, it is a once in a lifetime experience. The cool thing is that their are 9,000 living human beings that want to donate their bodies to this exhibit.
Anyway, if you go, or if you have gone....tell me what you think because I absolutely loved it!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds Awesome...I do want to go...Doris is taking a bunch of her students up there Wednesday...wish I could go!
Let's see...I have an awesome afro wig that is more than cool...your students would totally dig it...I just dress it up with a little disco outfit...any DI garb will do. I won't give it away yet or maybe I already did...but you and your kids can borrow our costumes for next year if you want...wait till Halloween and you can see what you think!

Anthony and Christel said...

Someone I know went to it in California, and thought it was amazing. I personally don't ever want to go, it seems too creepy. Every time I get something in the mail about it, I have to tear it up because I feel like they are looking at me..I know..pretty stupid. I can see how it would be really interesting though.

The Cox Family said...

We went to it in Ohio and LOVED it as well. It is so amazing and I think that everyone should go and see it too!

The Bunnell's said...

I have seen this advertised and I will admit i thought it look gross at first but have heard amazing things about it. My sister is going for her anatomy class and is very excited. Congratulation on Kyle's new job that is great news. Hopefully we can make back down to E.C. some day!

Natasha said...

My whole family (left me out and) went when it was in Vegas. When I heard it was coming to SLC I put it on my to do list. I will be going...trust me. So glad you loved it.

Mindy said...

We went to the one in Las Vegas as well. It was really neat! Glad you got to go and take some students!

Melanie said...

That really amazing and creepy at the same time!...
I told Michelle that I saw you the other night, and she was SOOO excited that you remembered her. She just went on and on about how much she loved you!

Shawn and Jessie said...

I would love to see Body World. So it sounds it is worth the money and trip! Also congrats on Kyle's new job. Grandma Retta was telling us that he had applied!

AngiDe said...

Man, I knew we were roommies for a reason! Thanks for taking my side of things ((wink wink))

By the way, that museum.... CRAZY!!!