Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Celebrate!

This year we celebrated the 4th of July with a bang! We started our celebration at the Huntington Heritage Day parade. The kids had tons of fun and they LOADED up on candy. Tyce was out to get as much as possible. We spent an hour or so at the park where the kids played on the bouncy toys and swings and then we headed up North for the Stadium of Fire. Tyce loved these swings. He didn't want to get off!

We met up at the Brick Oven for pizza and then we made the hike to the stadium for all of the action. It was a really great show even though I was miserable being pregnant and all. Carrie Underwood put on a great performance and the fireworks were amazing.
Tyce and his favorite pal....dad!
The dancers!
I promise Carrie Underwood is down there somewhere!

The next morning we woke up and headed up Huntington Canyon for a nice camping trip. The weather was a little bit colder than I would have liked, but it was nice to be up in the mountains. We fished and played for 3 days and it was SO SO relaxing. I really needed it since I felt like I was hit by a truck after stadium of fire.
Grandma Jo and the kiddos
Fishing at Boulger Reservoir
Cheese!
Playing baseball at camp
Now we are back home awaiting our next adventure. We have sure had a great summer so far!

2 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

How fun!! I love small town parades, they are the best! P.S. I want to see a pregnancy pic! :)

The Bunnell's said...

What a busy Holiday weekend! It was so good to see you and chat for a min. Your boys are adorable. Brekker loved the swings at the park too. He cried when I took him out :(