Friday, October 2, 2009

When there's nothing else to do.....

Go play at the farm! I remember in the summers Jasa and I would ride our bikes down to the farm and play for hours. We would play in the canal, we would shoot the birds with our sling shots, make puppies out of sticks, build play houses throughout the willows along the water bank, and we would climb in and out of the calf shoot. We never got bored at the farm. Now, it is the same with my kids. When we start getting bored at home we head to the farm for an adventure. Today my boys loved climbing in the stack yard, running throughout the corrals, climbing the gates, throwing rocks in "swifty" (the fast part of the canal), and swinging in the tire swing. We are so lucky to have our little get away. There is always an adventure at the farm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a total idiot...I have not been blogging forever, and I had not read your post about your miscarriage! Dang it...I am so sorry! You are brave to be trying though, I wish you all the luck in the world.

The Bunnell's said...

I agree, the farm is a great get away. I remember doing the same thing on our farm when I was a kid- we had a tire swing just like that ;) I love "swift" that is so cute. What great memories your kids will have.

The Barton's said...

Im sorry to hear about the miss-carriage too. That sucks. My mom had 3 and tells us always about how shizy it was. I honestly could NOT even imagine what you have gone through. SO SORRY. Sure love ya and miss ya lots. Its crazy how things happen-and as crazy as my life has been I sure wish I could of been closer so I could just help you during the rough times.
Loves