Monday, July 20, 2009

Our Mini Vacation

Someday we will take a wonderful vacation somewhere outside of Utah, but until my kids get a little bigger, it just isn't worth the money. So, for our mini vacation we took the boys to Salt Lake to see all of the cool fish at the aquarium. Kade loved the jellyfish (thanks to Spongebob) and he loved holding the star fish. Tyce loved the sting rays and he loved running around like a crazy man.

Checking out the Jellyfish
The Sting Ray's


More Jellyfish
Our next stop was the hotel. As soon as we went into our room, Tyce freaked out. He couldn't figure out why we would stay anywhere but our house. He finally calmed down when we took him swimming so he could jump off the side of the pool into the water.
The next morning we tried to do some shopping. I have NO school clothes this year because for the past 6 I have taught both health and P.E. so I would wear my P.E. clothes to school. Now I am only teaching health and jeans are not allowed. Needless to say, shopping was a nightmare with my kids and I did not accomplish anything.
Our final stop was at a little theme park thing called Hollywood Connections. It is all indoors (thank goodness because it was 103 degrees outside) and they have a few little roller coasters, bumper cars, a roller skating rink, and laser tag. Kade had so much fun crashing into me and Kyle with the bumper cars. He could have stayed there all day, but Tyce wasn't having it. He would scream every time we put him on a roller coaster.
Bumper Cars

The Carousel
Roller Skating
Balloon Ride

So we are back home and we are SO glad. I hope that next year we can do something a little bit more exciting and maybe Tyce will not scream the entire time.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

That aquarium looks so neat! Shopping with my kids=complete nightmare too! Glad you guys got to have a little vacation!!

AngiDe said...

I think I have been to both those places! What a fun family trip! Our money-saving-family-trips include a stop over at Cold Stone ;)

XO

Brandy Anderson said...

How fun!! We have been looking for something to do for our vacation and we too are not ready to go somewhere out of Utah until Asia gets bigger.Thanks for the ideas.