Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Eventful Fishing Trip

Yesterday we decided to head out on Ferron Mountain and do some exploring on the South end. The mountain was beautiful and the trail that we ended up taking was pretty cool. After we got home from our ride, Kyle's brother called and asked if we wanted to go up to Willow Lake to go fishing, so we headed back up Ferron Mountain. Now for the eventful part: all of a sudden Tyce started screaming so I bent over and picked him up. There threaded through his tongue was the hook end of a spinner lure. I started freaking out. Kyle, Kory, and Chris went to work. Kory held his body, Chris held his mouth open, Kyle pulled the hook out and I stood there crying. It was scary because they couldn't find a pair of pliers that would cut the barb off the end of the hook and Tyce was moving around so much that it was starting to get stuck in his lip.
Tyce was such a trooper. He immediately stopped crying and went and played with his dump truck. Needless to say, we ended up sticking around and everyone caught quite a few fish.

This is Tyce right after it happened. He is showing you how sore is tongue is.
I didn't get a picture of the hook actually in Tyce's tongue (for obvious reasons), but here is a picture of it after it was removed. Check out how huge the hook is!
This is Kyle explaining how we NEVER take anything out of the tackle box. NO, NO, NO!


Here is a picture of the Larsen's fishing away after the trauma



Pictures from our ride:

It started raining so Kade decided to hide under Grandma Jo's poncho.

We stopped at Muddy Creek for Lunch and the kids had fun playing in the water

4 comments:

AngiDe said...

Oh poor baby!! That hook is HUGE!! I'd be crying my eyes out too if that was me.... or my kid ;)

XO

Mindy said...

Oh man poor little guy! Glad everything is okay! I love that picture of your dad!

Grant and Candice said...

I'm so glad Tyce (and his tongue are OK). Poor little guy!

The Bunnell's said...

Poor thing! That is so sad, what a tough little guy. I too would be crying.