Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Branding 2009

Branding Calves is one of my favorite times of the year. There is just something about the smell of burning hide that makes me happy to be a cowgirl, and so glad that I grew up the way that I did.
This year everyone came to help out, so we decided to have a hot dog roast. The kids had a ball helping Kyle brand, tag, and castrate the calves. There was only one thing missing......Grandpa Jay. Hanging out on the top of the shed

Roasting hot dogs...yum!

Everyone

Tyce was having fun just running around like a crazy man. He found the swather and decided to play on it for awhile
Then he wanted to play hide and seek in the pens. Thank goodness grandma Jo was there to keep track of our monster while I helped run the shoot.
Our newest addition
______________________________________
Crazy kids
The kids were upstairs in my bedroom one morning watching cartoons while I ran down stairs to throw a load of laundry in the wash. When I got back up to them, this is what I saw......both Kade and Tyce covered from head to toe in black and red permanent Sharpie marker.



Tyce is such a clown. It cracked me up the other day when he put the football potty on his head and said "hat"! What a funny boy!

6 comments:

AngiDe said...

Oh permanant maker... seems to be the toy of choice for most young kids... my lil girl did that on the inside of her arm.... thankfully not her face! But your boys certainly look proud of themselves! :)

XO

Jamie said...

Cute pictures. Hey I have my blog finally set up. It is not as cute as yours but the address in
thehuggardhome.blogspot.com

Mindy said...

Cutest little boys! I remember when Mason went to town with a sharpie on Hadley! Little kids!

The Bunnell's said...

What cute pictures. It looks like you had alot of "BIG" help with the Calves. They are such cute kids! I love the marker incident, how could you get mad at those cute little faces. Luckily when Madi colored herself it was washable :)

Natasha said...

Your boys are too dang cute. Great photos, by the way. I'm so glad you get to do the things you loved as a kid with your own kids now. That is a unique blessing.

Anonymous said...

Love the potty seat head...ha! Once again I will say that you are the coolest cow girl I know. I love that you love all of the "cow crazy's" and all that goes with it. You are quite the gal!!!