Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Party #1

This past Sunday was my mom's famous Christmas party. To start off the day we played Amazing Race. My mom had all of these clues and road blocks hidden all over town for us to accomplish with our team. For instance, we had to find clues in balloons, shoot hoops at the Elementary school, pull each other around a barrel with a 4-wheeler and a sled at the farm, toss Frisbee's through tires, have someone take a picture of us by a Christmas scene, and make snow angels in the Senior Citizen Center lawn. We were all separated into teams and I was stuck with two small children. My team ended up coming in very last place but we had a blast.
Our next event of the day was a huge lunch followed by games and a talent show at the Jr. High. After we had wore ourselves clear out, we went back to my moms for presents and more food. The party was so much fun. Thanks mom for all the hard work!
Colton singing and arm-pit farting jingle bells for his talent
Kade loves hitting the pinata
Tyce opening one of his presents
Kade opening a present

Kade got this bike from my mom for Christmas but I think that Tyce is going to fight him for it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So hard when you don't give kids the same things...I feel like I am getting to the point where I am going to be buying 3 of everything! Amazing Race and a talent show...fun! Can I come next year that sounds awesome...your mom is so cute! I can't believe Tyce it one! Time is flying!

Anonymous said...

Okay so I didn't see the super adorable cake at first...so cute! I love it! Good job friend!

Anthony and Christel said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! I love those scavenger hunts all over town...we did one where we had to run into Walmart and sing "I'm a little Tea pot" to someone working there. Sounds like you had a blast!

AngiDe said...

What a fun time with family! I love watching kids try to break open a pinata!
I love your new background by the way!
XO

Mindy said...

The amazing race idea is so cute! I bet it was so fun! Glad you guys had a great holiday!

Natasha said...

Woah! Your mom is the party planning extraordinaire! Looks like so much fun - and you aren't really supposed to win those kinds of races anyway...