Thursday, August 21, 2008

School Already?

Yes, school (work) officially started today and I survived. For the 1st day of school we hauled our students to Provo to a Ropes Course. I don't know about my students, but I had a blast!! I started out on the zip line....I had to climb up this 50 foot pole and then I ziplined to the bottom. It was tough. I didn't realize how out of shape I was. I was so proud of myself when I got to the top, and the ride down was awesome. Next we went canoeing. Well, I was set to go with two of my students in this canoe and right as I sat in, I leaned a little to one side and I dumped myself out. I climbed out of the freezing cold water, soaked from head to toe and decided to try it one more time. This time I got in safety, but my student did not and she tipped all three of us over. Everyone was laughing at us and taking our picture. I was soaked the rest of the day and I smelled like dirty fish water the entire bus ride home. I spent the rest of the day getting kids off of the zip line......but what a great team building day it was for Pinnacle Canyon! Go Panthers!!! (Sorry, I have no pictures of the eventful day)

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Man what a fun first day of school! I bet your students love you! I can just picture you sitting there in the water cracking up!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast Jana...I love doing that kind of stuff...makes you feel like a kid again!

The Cox Family said...

I can't believe you guys went on a ropes course for school. How fun is that? We never did anything like that. I am sorry that you had to go back to work, it sucks huh!!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Jana- I deleted my last comment because I re-read it and realized that I did not spell your name correctly! (I pute Jane- oops!) I am so glad to get to work with you! You are so fun and vibrant and I feed off of your optomistic energy! Thanks for having such an good listening ear! - by the way, my blog is private, so I need your email to send you an invite!
Amanda