Sunday, August 10, 2008

Huntington Lake, 4-wheeler Ride, and the Castle Valley Pageant

My niece Kelsey had her 2nd birthday party at Huntington Lake last Sunday. The kids all had so much fun swimming and playing in the mud. Yes...we missed church (dang it!), but we had a blast.
Kade loved playing in the mud (and throwing it at everyone).
Kelsey and Kade running in and out of the water
Tyce LOVED the water. He could have played in it all day
Yesterday we decided to go on a 4-wheeler ride with Jasa and Jared. The boys wanted to ride up Gentry Mountain to look for deer so we headed up at 6:00pm. I didn't have a babysitter for Tyce so I threw him on the 4-wheeler with us. Well, about 1/2 hour into the ride it started looking really cloudy. We just kept on riding and it got worse and worse. We didn't know if it would be smart to wait it out...or keep riding. Well, needless to say.....we all got soaked. Tyce's first 4-wheeler ride wasn't that pleasant, but he was a good sport.
Kade, Dad, and Tyce waiting out the rain under a tree.

Here is a video of me riding in the flag ceremony for the Castle Valley Pageant. This was my 13th year riding in the pageant and I am sad that it is already over. I love racing my horse down that hill into the pond. It is kind of a rush! I hope that you enjoy the video....it is only of me, not of the entire ceremony. There are 6 riders (Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force, and the American Flag...in this video I think I am carrying the Navy). ENJOY: (you might want to mute my tunes)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all of those things...The kids look so cute in the water!
Yeah...I don't think selling the back hoe is going to happen, but I know some day he will buy me some kind of water contraption...Hmmm!

Anthony and Christel said...

That is such a great video! Looks like you all had a blast!

Mindy said...

I love it that you still ride your horse in the pageant! I love the picture of all of you on the 4 wheeler! So cute!

Natasha said...

Such a fun tradition. Yee Haw! PS I love your new background.

The Cox Family said...

Remember when I stayed at your house and went to the Pageant with you? What a great time we had and what an awesome tradition you have! I have always wanted to ride a horse out in front of tons of people. With my luck though, I would probably fall off and break something! Fun pictures and I am sorry that Tyce's first 4-wheeler ride was so wet!