Sunday, July 27, 2008

Desert View Pro Rodeo













Here is a picture of my dad riding a bull when I was about 4 years old. Isn't he awesome!


It's rodeo time! One of my favorite times of the year is the rodeo. There is nothing more fun to me than attending the Pro rodeo. I love the broncs, I love the bulls, and I LOVE the barrel racers. I think that my love for the rodeo comes from my dad. He was always announcing rodeo's and when he was younger he was the best bull rider around.

This year for the rodeo, the county decided to have some of the locals do the Hyde Race. If you don't know what the Hyde Race is well you are missing out on some classic entertainment. So a cowboy is on his horse at one end of the arena and his partner is standing by a barrel at the other end. The cowboy on the horse takes off pulling a large piece of hyde (well belting) and the partner must grab hold of the rope and ride the hyde all the way around the barrel and to the other end of the arena. Anyway, Kyle and his brother decided that they wanted to participate. Everything was going smoothly, but on their way back, Kyle's brother let go of the rope. They would have won the $1000.00 if he just would have stuck it out. It was so much fun watching them.


Kade also had a great time at the rodeo. I am not sure if he really watched the rodeo, but he sure had fun playing with Kelsey by the fence.


I am sad that the rodeo is over...but that means that the pageant is coming next week!!



Kade with his cousins: Abby and Tylee



Kade and Kelsey wrestling














Tyce loved playing with the ticket.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Love Love that picture of your dad!! Little Kade is soo sweet! Man you guys could have won $1000? Dang rodeo business is hard core!! Are you riding your horse in the pageant this year? Do you even do that anymore?

Jana said...

Yes I am riding my horse in the pageant and I can't wait! It is such a rush.

Natasha said...

That is seriously the coolest picture of your dad. I'm so glad you have so many pictures of him. Sounds like you had a great time at the rodeo. They always do the hide race at the Ute Stampede...it's one of our favorite parts. I heard the pageant announced on the radio today! That's big time!

The Cox Family said...

Your dad looks like a pro! I LOVE Rodeos as well. I am lucky because I get two weekends of them. This last week was the Kamas rodeo and next weekend is the PRCA Heber rodeo! Can't wait. I could go to them every weekend! Kade looks like a real cowboy in the making!

Anthony and Christel said...

How fun, and the picture of your Dad is really cool. You all must be so proud to have such an awesome Dad! Good luck riding your horse, that would be fun to come and watch you, and cheer you on!

Farley's Story said...

You have such a cute family. It is awesome you can spent time with them, doing what you and Kyle enjoy. I enjoyed your talks on Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Bryan was seriously so sad he didn't get to go to the Rodeo...one of his fav things to do and we went to Lava that weekend. Glad you got to go...looks like you had a good time!!!

Vojta said...

beauty photo gallery. please new collection photo gallery rodeo.
thank you