Sunday, January 31, 2010

Church + Brick= Emergency Room

We had quite the eventful church today. Kyle had to work, so it was just me and the boys. During sacrament Kade decided that he really needed to go to the bathroom, so I picked up Tyce and we headed out of the chapel. As soon as we got to the hall, Kade took off running to the bathroom. He turned the corner and started screaming, when I got to him he was covered in blood. I started to literally freak out, calling out for help, but no one came. Blood was now covering us both as I tried to put pressure on the slice down his forehead. I started running for the door with Kade in my arms, because no one was coming to help. Right when I got to the door, an angel walked through....my sister Jasa. She grabbed Kade from my arms and I grabbed Tyce and we headed to Price to the emergency room. Kyle was not far behind us, and I was glad he got out of work so quick.

Kade ended up getting about 15 stitches in his head and throughout the whole process, he was so brave. He never cried, and he thought that he was pretty cool there at the hospital.
I don't know what I would have done if Jasa hadn't been 1/2 hour late for church. She was our hero today!
Here is Kade getting ready for the stitches

The cut down his head was about 2 inches long and really deep. You could see all of the blood vessels....gross!

This is Kade happy to be home. He was quite the trooper! Next time, he will watch where he is running and not run straight into the corner of the brick wall.

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Too Bad!!! It looks like he really was brave. When Wade got stitches, he had to be strapped to a board. Too bad he doesn't have a cool story to tell of how he got his scar.

Ky said...

Oh my heavens!!! My sister got cut pretty deep on her ear because she hit her head on the hymn book holder! Crazy how church can do that!! I'm so glad your little guy's alright! That's SO scary, especially when it's so deep!!!!

Leslie said...

Wow what an eventful day. who says church isn't loads of fun?

Natasha said...

Woah! That is intense! I bet that thing was bleeding like crazy! It's a good thing he has such a tough mom. And I thought I had a rough Sunday...

Ashlie Bernard said...

oh my goodness!!! that is scary when they bleed like that and head wounds are the very worst for bleeding. i am glad that he is ok. what a tough little guy!!!

Ewell said...

Oh don't we all love trips to the ER. What a tough little boy. I bet you all deserved a great Sunday Nap.

The Bunnell's said...

Poor little guy! My heart hurt for you reading the story. I can't imagine having to handle that. Thankfully Jasa came to the rescue :) What a trooper. Remember Kade, Chicks Dig Scar's :)

Brianne and Paul said...

How sad for your little guy. It's so nice to have sisters, they seem to always show up at the right time.

Wades said...

oh my goodness! that looks horrible! I'm glad he is ok and that your wonderful sister was there when you needed someone!! Hope he's doing ok!!

AngiDe said...

Oh my gosh what a scary experience! So glad to hear that he is doing well and enjoying his stitches! ;)
xo

Shawn and Jessie said...

Ouch! I thought Braxton's ear looked sore, but his looks sore too. It's a good thing we have tough little guys.

The Cox Family said...

Wow, that is an impressive! Head wounds always bleed the worst, so I can't even imagine how much that thing bled. I am not surprised that he was so tough. Good job Kade!