Monday, August 3, 2009

It's Rodeo Time

Well its bulls and blood, it's dust and mud, its the roar of the Sunday crowd, it's white in his knuckles, the gold in the buckle he'll win the next go 'round. It's boots and chaps, it's cowboys hats, it's spurs and latigo, it's the ropes and the reins and the joy and the pain and they call the thing a rodeo!!
Going to the Rodeo has been a tradition in my family probably since rodeo was invented. My dad used to be the rodeo announcer and back in the day he was a pretty good bull and saddle bronc rider. One time my dad got hung up on a bull, and his face came around and smashed right into the bulls head which made him go unconscious. Later that night he woke up in the hospital with his entire face wired back together. Another time when my dad was announcing a rodeo out on his horse a bull stepped on this kid's ear and ripped it right off his head. My dad got off his horse and started searching for the ear. Luckily he found it out in the middle of the arena and it was sewed back onto the cowboy's head.
I love everything about the rodeo, I just miss enjoying it with my old man.....especially dancing with my dad afterwards. I wonder if their are Rodeo's in Heaven?

5 comments:

The Bunnell's said...

What a busy busy summer you have had and a fun one at that!!! Yes, I am sure there are Rodeo's in heaven that your dad can enjoy. I know He is up there wishing that he could still enjoy them with you in person instead of just in heart!
What handsome little cowboys! Love it!

Mindy said...

I love this!

Anonymous said...

Love those little cowboys! I need to find that page, these pics would be perfect...next time I promise! So sad we missed the Rodeo this year! Gotta make a point for next year!

Younger Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Younger Family said...

What cute little cowboys you have. They are adorable! You are such a great Mommy! Looks like you have had a fun summer!