Monday, March 30, 2009

The Farm

When blogging, I tend to forget to post the "everyday" things that we do. Today I decided to blog about the farm. Kyle and I have officially been running the farm for about 2 years. I spent my whole life working down at the farm with my dad and sisters, but I never really knew how much work it actually was. This year we decided to add gated pipe to the farm which has been quite the project. We have always tended water by hand (well, by shovel) so it will be fun to see how much more efficent the pipe will be. Kyle works so hard at the farm and is doing a great job. I know that my dad would be proud of us for our hard work and for keeping the farm in good shape.
We love spending time at the farm. It seems like sometimes we are at the farm more than we are at our house. The boys love being down there. They love to ride the tractor, dig up worms, and they can't get enough of the tire swing. Tyce loves to pet the horses and Kade is the best at feeding them. I am so glad the my boys will be able to work at the farm when they are older just like I did.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite the women I tell you. I always tell Bryan how impressed I am with all of the "cowgirl" stuff you do. I can't believe it has already been 2 years...wow times fly's when you are running a farm eh???

Anthony and Christel said...

I really think that it is so great for your boys to have that opportunity to learn hard work. It seems like it isn't that common for kids anymore. Even though I didn't ever have to work on a farm, I had a job starting at 13. It is so important for kids to learn that work=money...and that money or stuff doesn't come for free.

Natasha said...

Thanks for the 'everyday' post. They are some of my favorite kind! I'm glad your boys love the farm as much as you do.

Brett and Chanel Giles Family said...

I didn't know you guys were running a farm. That is hard work that I like to stay away from! (: But I am so glad that Stran can grow up helping on the farm it is great for them!

AngiDe said...

That first picture is gorgeous!!! What life lessons and hard work your boys will learn from living and working on the farm!

XO

Bridge said...

I must say that seeing the first picture made me cry It made me miss home so much you can't get more EC than that. I live out in the country but there is never anything like home sweet home. Be very thankful you get to live there. especially close to family.
by the way the farm does look really nice. good work.

The Bunnell's said...

That is so great that your boys will be able to have the experience and memories that you do. My family sold our farm in Green River last summer and I was just telling my mom how much I missed it. Your boys will truely know the meaning of "hard" work.