Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Buckaroo Rodeo

This week has been a VERY busy and stressful week for us. First of all, it was time to cut the hay. Kyle went out and jumped on the tractor to get started and the swather broke down....he ended up spending all day just trying to get it fixed. When he finally got it fixed, it wouldn't put the hay in a windrow so he stoppped and had to fix it again. Finally, when he had about 3 passes left, the entire swather kicked the bucket. The problem with this is we have to get the hay bailed and hauled before Tuesday because our water turn is on Tuesday. Kyle is down there now trying to figure out what to do so that we don't miss our water turn.
Also this weekend we had to get cows on the mountain. Kyle and I rode until 10:30pm Thursday night just to get it done. Whenever I am behind a herd of cattle, I tend to become very vulgar. I spent most of the night cussin the cows, but it was fun.

The weekend ended with the Little Buckaroo Rodeo which was a blast. Kade chased a chicken and rode his stick horse in a race, Kyle chased a cow with money on it, and I herded ducks across the arena. We had so much fun. Grandpa Jay would have been proud of his little buckaroo's at the rodeo.

Here are some pictures of Kade and my nieces at the rodeo....




6 comments:

Anthony and Christel said...

Awe, cute little Kade at the rodeo..I love it! I am so naive about farming and cows and all of that. It sounds like SO MUCH WORK! You made me laugh about how cussing the cows was fun! You are awesome Jana!!

The Cox Family said...

I sure hope Kyle was able to get everything fixed. What a mess! I don't know how you guys are able to keep up with all that farming. I know how much you love it though! Kade looks like a true cowboy, standing on that fence. He will be riding bulls soon!

Mindy said...

Those are such cute pictures!! I hope everything works out so you dont miss your water turn that would be awful! Sure blame your bad mouth on the cows!

Natasha said...

You exhaust me! How many acres did you guys have to haul before your water came on again? Jeff broke his back and couldn't haul hay for this first cut so you should have seen me out there trying to buck bails. I was wearing shorts and my shins look like hamburger. I can hardly imagine little sweet Jana becoming vulgar..poor cows (hehe). Love the photos.

Farley's Story said...

It must be your first year with the farm. It seems like that is when everything falls apart. I guess everyone needs a humbling experience when they start something new. I wish I could have gone to the rodeo. Sounds like you had a good time. Talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

Can I please smootch your kids cheeks off. They are so dang cute. so good to hang out with you on Saturday...I think due to a lot of requests I may do another day and more books...did you say you were interested in more for your sisters? Just trying to get a count for another possible day! Let me know...no biggy either way!