Monday, March 3, 2008

No more maternity leave!

Well, I went back to school today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. All of the students were so glad to see me come back (at least it seemed like it). My classroom was a disaster. I don't know how they have been having Health in there because there was so much junk that I couldn't even set up the desks. Instead of having normal health class, we had to spend the hour getting the classroom cleaned and ready for the next day. My students said that they really haven't been doing anything for class and that the sub didn't follow any of the lesson plans that I left for him. I am not quite sure where to pick up, but I will figure something out. Tomorrow should go more smoothly.
Leaving Kade and Tyce was the hardest part of my day. Kade did fine when I first dropped him off, but when I went to check on him, he was crying for his ma'ma. Tyce did just fine. He is happy with a good swing and a full bottle. Hopefully Kade adjusts soon because it breaks my heart to walk away from him while he is crying for me to take him home. Wish me luck for the next few months.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh Jana tht would be hard!! He will adjust though! Its nice that he haas his lil bro there now too! Good luck with your class!

The Cox Family said...

I am so sorry. My first day back, I cried the enire day! Who watches the boys?
That sucks the sub screwed up your whole classroom. I hope you get it all back together!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, I would be so bugged about the sub thing. That is so sad about Kade, he will do fine...but I wish I was in a position to take the little cuties for you.

Natasha said...

You're right - it will get easier, and better, once you are all back in the routine. I saw Jamie's little Chase twice so far this week and when I said 'hi' he started to cry! Oh, and I remember singing "Baylee and the Boys" and I about died when I saw Baylee and she is 7! (and so cute)