Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's that time of year.....

When the first of November comes along it means that it is time to bring the cows (who have caused stress at the farm) to get down to the desert to range for the winter. Kyle and I sent our kids to Jasa's and we saddled up and headed out from the farm. The weather was cold, but about 1/2 hour into the trek it started snowing. By the time we got the cows down to the desert and into Redd's Canyon we were wet and frozen to the core.
Although it was miserably cold and Roxy was being SUCH a bitty, it was the best day ever. I just love my life as a rancher and I love that every time I ride my horse I think of the great times I had with my dad.
Now on Saturday we will have recruits to push the cows to the Fuller's Bottom trough.....can't wait!! I love my life!
Head um up and move um out!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Way to go Wrangler! Glad you got to spend the day with your hubby doing what you love.