Sunday, August 22, 2010

The BIG Hunt

Last night Kyle got Kade all dressed up to go hunting with him at the farm. I knew that Kyle was just getting Kade out of the house, what I didn't expect is a phone call saying that they actually shot one.

Now what is SO SO SO cool about them shooting a deer is 1) it was opening day, 2) Kade was actually with Kyle and was able to see his dad shoot and then they had to track the blood (way cool for Kade), and 3) Kyle shot the deer with a re-curve bow. Most people shoot their deer with a compound bow......not Kyle. He was determined to use a tradition bow this year and so he was pumped when he actually succeeded. A traditional bow is just like it sounds. A piece of wood with a string.....that's it.


I am so proud of my mighty hunters.

Ready for the big hunt. Face paint and all!


The prize.....a small 3x4 buck. Not too bad for the farm!

3 comments:

The Bunnell's said...

Ok, Kade is seriously the cutest little hunter that I have ever seen. I want to take him home with me!!!! That is so neat that he got to watch his Daddy shoot a dear. What a great memory for him and Kyle both!

AngiDe said...

he is the cutest little camo boy I've ever seen!
Congrat's to them on their prize!

xo

The Cox Family said...

Wow, way to go Kyle! Love all of the outfits. Cam has those cameo overalls as well!