Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cowboyin' on the Desert

My favorite event of the year is bringing cows on the desert.  Each year it gets better and better because I get the cutest helpers to come along with with me.  Kade did AWESOME this year.  He road the entire way-from the farm to Fullers Bottom. What a handsome cowboy!
 
 Because we are in a drought, the BLM cut our desert permits in half!!!!  Lets hope we get some good snow this year so that our #s go up!

These cute cowboys had everything under control.  I was able to just sit back and take pictures while they took care of the cowboying!


Chase, Kade, and Kyle

We had to stop and take a break at Phino's Cabin.  Hotdogs of course for lunch!


Tyce rode for a little while, but quickly wanted to get off and ride in the truck with Grandma.  Here he is all smiles!

 
Poor little Jess was a sick little guy.  He was a trooper though! 


This picture has nothing to do with bringing cows on the desert, but I was pretty excited about this event.  This here my friends is the big buck I killed on the rifle hunt.  It was my first kill and can I just say "BUCK FEVER"!  I have never understood it until now.  I was shaking SO hard that my butt cheeks were jiggling!  My first shot took his leg clear off.  My second was right through the lungs. 

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Did you seriously write that your "but cheeks were jiggling" HAHAHA! That might be the funniest thing I've ever read from you. Nice work. Your boys are getting so big! And yes, we are hoping for LOTS of snow this year!