Saturday, November 7, 2009

Weekend Adventure

On Saturday we thought it would be fun to take the kids out to the desert for a hotdog roast. Kyle had just worked a 12 hour grave and my mom had Jasa's girls so me and my mom loaded up the truck and headed down to Hambrick Bottoms. The kids had so much fun climbing all over the rocks and playing in the dirt.

The next day Kyle and his brother Kory decided to head up Ferron Mountain to cut down some poles to fix fence with at the farm so me and the kids joined them. Before they started cutting, they got out their fishing poles and threw out a line at Ferron Res. Every time they casted out they caught a fish....and nice fish too. They were all SO pretty and a nice size too. Kade and Tyce were in heaven playing with the fish. They loved reeling them in and then throwing them back. Other than is was kind of cold by the reservoir, the day was great.







Every time I go out to the desert or up on the mountain, I remember how lucky I am to be able to live here in Emery County. What a great place to raise my kids!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

I don't think Emery county would be such a great place to raise kids without a super great mom like you raising them. You do EVERYTHING with your boys! I think that is very cool.

The Cox Family said...

Fun weekend, and how fun for your boys to catch so many fish. We went out several times this year and hardly caught anything. I am not sure Cam believes that you actual catch something with a fishing pole! Maybe we should take a trip down to Emery County and go fishing with you guys!